For all of you who know me, you know we bought a new place in North Vancouver. The Square footage is 2,024 Square feet. We completed the top floor renovation, and we are currently having the bottom level converted into a master suite with a large laundry room. They are digging out an area 11 feet by 36 feet. It will add another 350 square feet to that floor. Then we will renovate the kitchen level! Here is what we have been working on with the help of the amazing crew of Upward Construction: (We needed permits as the space that is being dug out, needs additional footing and foundation, so we had to get a structural engineer to monitor the progress, so our house doesn’t fall down. It will be done in two pours for this reason. The first pour took place this morning! This is what we’ve done so far:
1. Took the closet out of the tiny bedroom, to expand the closet in one of the other bedrooms.
2. Put in an full height Ikea Pax System with door in one bedroom and my awesome husband made it look built in. It looks amazing.
3. Removed floor to ceiling wallpaper from two bedrooms, then had a drywaller fix everything. Never, ever put wall paper on a wall that you might have to remove. It took me three full days, and one day with Glen’s help to remove it. It was a huge job. I used a special wallpaper remover from home depot, it made me cough it was so potent. It worked, but wow!
4. Painted the now office (the room without a closet), Painted the masterbedroom and second now masterbedroom.
5. Had dark scraped hardwood flooring installed in all rooms.
6. Installed a Pax System in the walk in closet, used the shortest height, as it is difficult to put the tall version in a space with corner, and with no room to build the units inside the space.
This floor turned out great! I still need to touch up the baseboards and window trim, but it looks like a brand new home!